Estate Planning Attorneys Cape Cod

Estate Tax Planning

Fiduciary Income Tax Returns

Preparation of Fiduciary Income Tax Returns


Once a trust becomes irrevocable (usually after the death of one or both of the Trust makers) the trust typically obtains a separate Tax Identification Number (TIN) and must then start filing annual income tax returns.  A Federal Form 1041 is usually filed by April 15th.  Massachusetts also requires a state Income Tax Return be filed by Trusts when there is a Trustee located in Massachusetts or when there is "Massachusetts source income" (such as rents generated from Massachusetts real estate or income generated by a Massachusetts business).  

Often families will look to Boyd & Boyd, P.C. to assist with Trust tax returns.  Because of our experience as a professional Trustee, we have extensive experience preparing Trust Income Tax Returns.   




Boyd & Boyd, P.C.

Centerville Gardens
1060 Falmouth Road, (Rte 28)
Hyannis, MA 02601

Find , Follow, Watch!