"Boyd & Boyd, Centerville, MA, are experts in elder law. We went to one of their free seminars that was advertised in a mailing. We liked what we saw, and there was no pressure. We learned that Probate will cost our heirs 3.5% of our estates. We also learned that only a trust, not a will, avoids probate. Even if a Trust only saved our heirs 3.5% of our estate (although it can do much more), it would be a no-brainer. That alone would far exceed the cost.
So we worked with Keats Boyd to set up a comprehensive estate plan- Trust, Wills, Powers of Attorney, Health Care Proxies, Living Wills, Homestead protection, etc. Some of the things that especially impressed us were:
1. Working with Keats-it was very easy-he's likable, friendly, down to earth, gentle, patient a quality person.
2. Services and fees were clearly explained ahead- no surprises or misunderstandings.
3. Permission to call with questions without being "on the clock" for extra charges.
4. Yearly updates of documents, and three year reviews, at no extra charge.
5. Should anything happen to us, Boyd & Boyd has everything, knows everything, and will walk family members through what needs to be done. In summary, we had a great experience, and enthusiastically endorse F Keats Boyd III."Dave & Nancy